15 November 2010

Small Business Fair . . . jelly anyone?

I am lucky. I have not only one but, three site mates that live here in the city of Jinotega with me. Two are English Volunteers and the third, Daina, is a Small Business Volunteer. Daina has been in site for over a year. She works in the local high schools teaching them how to start up their own business, be ingenuitive and most of all believe in themselves. This year she completed her first year of classes and had a fair for her kids. They worked in teams of 5-6 the entire year building their business plan.

Check it out.


Here area few groups that did particularly well.





And . . . this group not only won 1st place in Jinotega . . . but they went on to win Regionals in Matagalpa . . . and will soon be competing at a national level!


Oh, did I mention I was a judge? Very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment