03 August 2010

The Deng (dengue)


Dengue- I don’t have it but, I’m at the point where I might like it just so that I can have a definitive diagnosis.

What I do have is a full body rash that itches and looks awesome, soar joints, pain behind the eyes, a cold and a fabulous cough. What is going on? NO ONE KNOWS. Thankfully Peace Corps put me up for a few days in a hotel in Managua while they monitored my symptoms. That means blood tests, fecal tests and urine tests every day. At least I don’t have the Big D (diarrhea) to top it all off.

I made a break for it yesterday and came back to Jinotega. Turns out I really do miss my work, Jinotega, the mountains and my house.

I’m resting, calling the PC office daily to check in and taking my meds. But, there is no way I’m going back to Managua any time soon. Let’s hope for a few months of rash free, cold free and most importantly Big D free living!

2 comments:

  1. The "Big D" is one of the best things I have heard all day.

    Feel better soon!!! I'm sending you my love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of yourself. We are worried about you. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete