18 March 2010

I´m moving to the capital of Jinotega . . . I HAVE AN AWESOME SITE.

So . . . it looks like I will be living in Jinotega, Jinotega for the next two years. Que emocionado! A big site means a lot of NGO´s to work with. A lot of NGO´s means funds. And funds, well they mean I can do things. Did I already say how excited I am?

Jinotega is located in Northern Nicaragua and the second largest department. The Nica´s call it La Ciudad de la Brumas, or City in the Mist. Compared to central/southern Nicaragua, Jinotega is relatively cooler. I´m pumped! On top of climate, Jinotega is known for it´s coffee harvests and eco-tourism. I know I´m bragging . . . but I have the best site! Now I need to get there, negociate my living costs, and start working!

All of the above said, I am going to miss having the other trainees around. As a group we are super tranquillo and really just awesome. We have had some good times.



Thayer, Jenny, Katie and I getting on the plane to Nicaragua! What were we thinking?


Pinto, Lucas, Jen, Sonia and I . . . in Managua somewhere . . . I don´t
even know if we were having fun or not. Ha.



Jinotepe #1, and Lucas. No big surprise.

A couple of the other trainees are pretty close to my site though. So that really makes things seem managable. In fact, I´m hoping that we can do some projects together . . . Sexually Transmitted Infection workshops anyone?

Well, I´m leaving tomorrow to visit Jinotega for a week, meet my counterpart and hopefully start meeting NGO´s in town. Lets hope it all goes well-ish!

No comments:

Post a Comment